You’re probably wondering what is Shakeology? And why is everyone drinking it. Is it just a protein shake or is there more to it than that?
What is Shakeology?
Here are some of the answers to questions people have about Shakeology.
Is Shakeology a Protein Shake?
Many people think that Shakeology is just another protein shake. This is a huge misconception. It’s not a shake that just provides you extra protein. Not all shakes are the same.
Shakeology in a nutrient dense meal REPLACEMENT. Replacement meaning that it can replace a meal. It’s the equivalent of 5 plates of salad. I know that there is no way I’ll be able to consume 5 salads in one day.
With Shakeology you are able to cut your calories without cutting back the nutrients that your body needs to perform at its best. Most people aren’t protein deficient they are actually nutrient deficient.
What is in Shakeology?
Shakeology does NOT contain any artificial sweeteners, artificial colours, soy or artificial stimulants. It does contain Stevia which is from plant base.
Most of Shakeology’s ingredients are imported from their countries of origin. They preserve each of these superfoods in a unique way.
Here is a video that shows you more about the ingredients you can find in it.
How much is Shakeology?
Most people feel that Shakeology is too expensive but the reason is that they aren’t really looking at what they are getting for the price. If you were to buy a healthy nutrient dense meal how much would it cost you. Any healthy meal is going to run you around $5. So say you have one every day for 30 days. Total cost is $150. Why not replace that meal, get more nutrients and use Shakeology which is only $129.95 + $2 shipping (on autoship) + tax. Still should be under $150.
If you are replacing a less than healthy meal just think about how much you are helping your body out with something that is healthier. This will also replace Vitamins you are taking. For general vitamins that aren’t prescribed by your doctor. So it’s basically your daily whole food vitamins too.
When you see the price and it’s a onetime shot of $129.95. Usually when you going shopping you don’t buy 30 meals at once. So buying these all at once may seem like a lot but you’ll be buying less at the grocery store for the remainder of the month so the cost will even out. Just deduct it from your monthly grocery budget.
Is Shakeology for Weight loss?
Shakeology isn’t just for weight loss. I’m pretty much at my ideal weight and I still drink Shakeology each and every day. Saying Shakeology is for weight loss is like saying that only people that need to lose weight should be getting their daily dose of nutrients and vitamins.
The truth is that anything that is low enough in calories will help you lose weight at first but eventually if you aren’t getting enough calories or nutrients your weight loss will come to a halt.
Usually when people diet they cut back their calories and end up feeling tired, grouchy and craving everything. The reason is because they are nutrient deficient.
What if I don’t want to lose weight?
If you are like me and don’t need to lose weight then you can add some fresh fruits or nuts to your shake. My favourite is chocolate with banana and almonds. It makes it feel fuller. If you use milk or almond milk it will make your shake feel fuller. You can easily turn the 180 calories into a 500 calorie shake by adding a few healthy foods.
Why I drink Shakeology Every Day!
Here are some of the reasons that I drink it every day.
- I try my best to eat healthy every day but sometimes I’m in a hurry or can’t find any healthy food around to eat. I know that I have a backup plan with my Shakeology as it will fill me up and give me the energy I need.
- I don’t eat enough salad, fruits and vegetables:
- Shakeology gives me 9 servings of fruits and vegetables. It’s the equivalent of 5 salads.
- I forget to take my vitamins
- I don’t know about you but remembering to take daily vitamins always seemed to slim my mind. I no longer have to worry about that because I have my daily shake in the morning after my workout so I always remember to have this because it feels like a treat. Another incentive to do my workout.
- Cutting Calories is easier.
- When many people cut their calories they end up taking away needed nutrients that are in the foods that they have eliminated. Drinking my daily shake I know I am still getting the recommended amount if for some reason I cut my calories (while on a diet) or eat something that wasn’t as healthy as I could have.
- I’m not a nutritionist.
- Most people aren’t nutritionists and don’t know exactly what foods they need to get all the nutrients they need. Shakeology makes this easier so you don’t have to worry about whether or not your body is being fueled right.
- I’ve seen some amazing success stories with it.
“My friend was on 5 medications for stomach ulcers and IBS for 12 years… and within 60 days of Shakeology, he got off all meds and all ulcers had healed.”
“My wife was stuck at a weight-loss plateau for 9 months while eating super healthy and working out twice a day.. until she added Shakeology to her diet and bam broke through and lost 13 lbs in 90 days, getting down to her lightest and healthiest since before our wedding day!”
Benefits of Drinking Shakeology
Shakeology isn’t the only way to get healthy but it is a great tool to help control your diet, increase energy and improve digestion of the food you eat.
You could find the 70 ingredients and do juicing every day, if you knew where all of them came from but it would be kind of time consuming and I can only imagine how expensive it would be.
I BELIEVE that you are better off with it than without and I have seen many people benefit from it.
Where to Buy Shakeology
To buy Shakeology you have to get it through a Team Beachbody Coach. It can’t be found in stores like GNC or your local health food store.
You can order Shakeology here: Buy Shakeology (If you order on home direct which is autoship each month you get shipping for only $2 instead or higher priced shipping. You can still cancel any time so it’s just savings for you.)
Get it with a challenge pack and you’ll get a super discount on a workout program: Challenge Pack Deal
If you are looking for a discount make sure to check out my post on how to get a Shakeology Discount.