Did you know that Aztec and Mayan tribes would eat chia seeds before battle? The women would give them to the warriors for energy and endurance before battle?
May be a good pre workout option.
Historically they were used as a dietary supplement due to their amazing nutrition.
Here are some of the other benefits of Chia Seeds:
- They help you feel full for longer.
- Support healthy blood sugar levels.
- Rich in omega-3’s which is important for brain, heart and cholesterol health.
- Help you maintain a sustained energy level.
- High in fiber, nutrients, antioxidants and protein.
How should you eat them?
- You can add a handful of chia seed to cereal, salads, oatmeal, yogurt, dressings and fruit drinks or add more to your Shakeology for an extra boost.
- You can also eat them in whole form.
They are just one of the superfood ingredients found in Shakeology: http://darrenletourneau.com/supplements/shakeology/what-is-shakeology/
What do you add chia seeds to?