It’s not easy changing.
It takes a lot of hard work to get healthy, lose fat, gain muscle, quit smoking or make any other changes especially when you’ve engaged in bad habits for so long.
Having all that hard work slip away is frustrating.
Slowly slipping back into negative habits after you’ve worked so hard to change your life around for the better.
I’m one of these people.
It’s not hard sticking with it all the time and keeping your mind straight and focused on reaching your goal.
Here are 6 strategies for maintaining the positive changes you’ve made (if you’ve already made them).
- Make a chart of pros and cons for the change. You’re pros should outnumber the cons.
- Give yourself a reward for maintaining these changes.
- Remember to celebrate your success for sticking with it.
- Help a friend make these changes in their life.
- Read a list of harmful effects of the negative behaviour… or even pictures of results people get from the old behaviour/habit.
- Replace negative statements you hear with positive ones. Read positive quotes and read/listen to books that are motivating.
Those are just a few you can try out to maintain all the great changes you have made.
How do you maintain changes?