I cringe every time I see someone drinking soda.
I used to drink it all the time.
I had given it up for a while and then got back on the diet soda as a way to cut out other calories.
Little did I know that it could actually increase your risk of gaining weight.
I’m sure very few people drinking it know this.
I just came across an article with the Top 10 Reasons to Give Up Soda.
Here are the reasons.
10. Soda may cause cancer. Drinking two or more soft drinks a week increased the risk.
9. Diet soda can also increase your risk of gaining weight. Most likely because of the artificial sweeteners.
8. It’s the water… and a lot more. Where is the water coming from?
7. BPA: not just for water bottles anymore. Still in many of the soft drinks tested.
6. Waste of energy. Uses the energy equivalent of 32 to 54 million barrels of oil per year.
5. Its Frankenfood factor. High fructose corn syrup and aspartame.
4. Diet is just a slogan when it comes to soda. Increased risk of heart disease, diabetes and metabolic syndrome.
3. Soda led to 75,000 cases of diabetes. WOW!
2. Soda might shorten your life span.
1. It’s the “real thing” …. Not exactly. There is nothing in it that we need.
It’s carbon dioxide gas, artificial flavors, artificial color and phosphoric acid.
Here is the full article with sources to the studies.
I haven’t drank any soda since I replaced it with Shakeology http://darrenletourneau.com/shakeology/