I quit the gym over a year ago.
I just wasn’t motivated to go anymore.
I had been working out for the last 20 years at various gyms and I was the guy that though that the only good workout was a workout that required gym equipment.
I had tried several times to workout at home but that didn’t work either.
Then I finally found a way to get a great workout at home and have since left the gym forever.
Here are 10 reasons why I don’t miss the gym.
- The hassle of driving to and from, getting changed and the time it takes to do this.
- Having to arrange child care so I could go.
- The drop of intensity when I’m waiting for equipment.
- Having to dodge equipment that people haven’t put away.
- Being interrupted for simple chit chat or a spot from someone that is lifting way too much weight.
- Sitting in someone’s sweat because they didn’t have the decency to clean it up when they were finished.
- Injuries because someone’s not looking where they are going when wandering around the gym.
- Listening to unappealing music or someone’s weird noises they make while working out.
- Watching people do exercises all wrong while trying to keep my mouth shut.
- Realizing that doing the same things all the time wasn’t really benefiting or challenging me anymore.
And it was absolutely painful seeing those that were simply following around others that didn’t really know what they were doing either, week after week not getting any results.
This would have worked better for them.
“If you want to get ahead and succeed in life, just look around at what everyone else is doing, and do the exact opposite.” – Earl Nightingale
If you’re looking for me I’ll be working out at home doing exercises you don’t see people doing at the gym.
Want to have your healthiest holiday ever? Our online challenge group is starting next week. More info here: http://darrenletourneau.com/bbchallenge/