What is a Beachbody Coach?
People always ask me “What is a Beachbody Coach”. Well a Beachbody coach is someone that helps people achieve their goals and enjoy a healthier, fulfilling life. It’s basically a Beachbody affiliate program. You help people get set up with their program, help them reach their goals and if they like it so much that they want to help others you can teach them how to become a Beachbody coach too.
What are the requirements to be a Coach?
There are no requirements to become a Beachbody coach. The only requirement is that you sign up. Many people become a Beachbody coach just for the 25% discount on Beachbody products. There is no requirement that says you have to be a health and fitness expert or have completed your own transformation. You can sign up even though you have never used a Beachbody product before.
Why would I want to become a Beachbody Coach?
Here are 10 reasons why someone would want to become a team Beachbody Coach. These are not the only reasons.
- Get a 25% discount on Beachbody products – Coaches get a discount on workouts, Shakeology and supplements.
- Be Your Own Boss – Beachbody Coaching is actually a business and you are in charge of yourself. You earn money according to how much effort and consistency that you put into the business.
- Work Part-Time or Full-Time – You don’t have to quit your day job to become a coach. You can start off in your spare time sharing with your friends. If you decide to work more hours and take the time to go through the training you may be able to make it a full time gig.
- Low Start-Up Costs – To start up as a coach there is only a $39.95 fee or it’s free if you sign up with a challenge pack. Compared to starting other businesses this is pretty cheap.
- No Commuting – As a coach you can do everything at home over the internet and phone. There is no need to step foot out of your house. You can even do your workouts at home.
- No Inventory – Unlink a regular business you don’t have to keep any inventory on hand. People order through your site and they will be shipped the product. Most time it only takes a week for them to get it.
- Set Your Own Hours – Since it’s your own business you can work when you want to work. You can also go on vacation when you want to as well.
- Potential Tax Benefits – Check with your accountant for potential tax benefits. You may be able to write off expenses that you are already paying like internet, phone and other home office expenses.
- Personalized Websites – You get your own websites for Beachbody, Shakeology and the 21 day fix that you can direct people to.
- Chance to help others – The best reason to start. Help the world End the Trend of Obesity.
Here are 10 of my reasons for being a Beachbody coach.
What does a Beachbody Coach Do?
There are several things that I do as a Beachbody Coach.
- I complete my workout every day and drink Shakeology.
- Read or listen to personal development to improve myself so I can help others better.
- Share my experiences with others. May be how my workout is going, tips for workouts, nutrition or something that I read that I found helpful.
- Help others with their journey through an accountability group and answer any questions they many have along the way.
- Help other coaches on my team get started with their coaching business and show them the tools they need to be successful.
How much time is needed to be a Coach?
The amount of time that it takes to be a Beachbody coach depends on several circumstances
- Number of people you are helping.
- How big you want to grow your business.
- How productive you are with your time.
- What your goals are.
The bare minimum time required to be a coach would be the length of time that it takes to do your workouts. You probably wouldn’t make much doing this. The amount of time you spend at the beginning will be mostly building momentum for your business and in the future you will be rewarded with much more for the time you are spending vs. the beginning. Like any business, it takes time at first to get the wheels moving.
You can go at your own pace but realise that the more you do the quicker you will get there. It’s better to stay consistent each day rather than do nothing all week and work 7 hrs. on the weekend. If you can put a solid 1-2 hrs. in on top of your workout each day your effort will start to compound.
How much does it cost to become a Beachbody Coach
To get started as a coach the cost is $39.95. You get a coach starters kit which contains some DVD’s on coaching for you to watch. If you want to have the coach fee waived you can sign up with a challenge pack (workout with Shakeology). If you are active in the military you can apply to have the $39.95 waived. I actually signed up for the $39.95 fee and a week later bought the workout and Shakeology. You’ll save more by getting the challenge pack first because you can’t buy one after you become a coach.
How much does it cost to continue being a Coach?
The cost to be a coach after the initial signup is $15.95 per month which gives you access to 3 websites that allow you to send customers to and you also get an online subscription to success magazine where you can watch videos from successful entrepreneurs.
Once you become an Emerald coach (have 2 of your own coaches) you may want to sign up for the premium membership which is $39.95 per quarter (so about $13.32 per month) so you will be enrolled in the free customer leads program. When people sign up for an account on the Beachbody website they automatically assign them a coach. Some of these customers haven’t purchased anything yet or may purchase again in the future. You can actually make up the cost of this in the first month just from these people making a purchase.
How do you make money as a Beachbody Coach?
There are a few ways to make money as a Beachbody Coach.
- You make 25% commission on any sales that people purchase through your site.
- Your customers can log into the teambeachbody website and purchase items that are credited to you.
Team Bonuses (once you have 2 of you own coaches)
Each time one of your coaches on your team or other coaches that are placed below you make sales you get team bonus points. The more coaches under you the more you will earn. Your coaches have to be producing so the more you help them the more successful they will be, which will then make you more successful.
Top coaches also earn a corporate quarterly bonus.
Can you be a full time Beachbody Coach?
Depending on how hard you work and how many people you help you can be a full time Beachbody coach. There are many coaches that have earned enough at the one year mark to replace their full time income. IF you are just doing it casually then it would be more of a part time income.
Does a Beachbody Coach make more than a Personal Trainer?
If you are thinking about becoming a personal trainer then you may be wondering if Beachbody coaches make more than personal trainers. The figures depend on the person but I’ll give you a couple examples of how the two make money so you can compare them.
Personal trainers make their money by hour or maybe even per client. The money they earn depends on how many hours they work. Some may end up making money from supplements they recommend at the gym but I haven’t been a personal trainer so you would have to check with the place you are planning on working at to get an accurate answer. Your income depends on how many hours you can fit into the day.
A Beachbody coach earns a commission on each person that they get started with a program. They also earn recurring income on Shakeology or any other supplements that are auto shipped to the customer. When their customers decide to become a coach as well then they help them with their business and earn on their volume so even though they have already completed their transformation they are still helping them and earning income.
Personal trainers will probably earn more at first than a Beachbody coach but once the Beachbody coaching business starts to grow with other coaches the effort of the coach starts to compound to end up being much more.
A personal trainer can spend 30 minutes working with a client while a Beachbody coach can take 15 minutes answering questions from 10 people that they have in an online group. This can also be done from anywhere they are on their phone, even half way across the world while they are on vacation.
Can I become a Coach for the Beachbody Coach Discount?
Yes you can. There are around 140,000 Beachbody coaches and only around 15,000 are actually doing it as a business. Many people sign up as a Beachbody coach for the discount. They love the products and want to save some money.
For the discount to be worth it for you, you would have to be saving an average of $15.95 per month because that is how much it would cost you to be a coach.
If you are ordering Shakeology as a coach it is roughly $98 which is about a $30 savings off of the regular price. So your total with the coach fee would be around $115 + shipping and tax. You would end up saving $15 + tax by being a discount coach.
You would also get 25% off of any workout programs or other supplements you purchase as well. This is good if you have a family that will be using the products. You can all get them through one account with the discount.
There is no obligation to do the coaching part. If you have a friend or two that decide they want to purchase something you can always give them your link and earn some money to cover your own costs.
What is the best time to become a BB Coach?
There is no best time to start anything. All the stars will never be aligned. If you are planning on using enough of the Beachbody products to make the discount worth your while then why not just sign up, get the discount and you can take your time learning all the info there is to learn while you get yourself in shape.
If you want to just get started with your own transformation as a customer then that’s great too.
You can check out our challenge pack deals here is you want to just get started with a program and join our accountability group for now.
Should I become a Beachbody Coach?
Beachbody coaching isn’t for everyone. If you can say yes to these statements then you would make a great Beachbody coach.
- Have you used a Beachbody workout program or Shakeology and love the way it makes you feel?
- Would you recommend these Beachbody products to friends and family?
- Do you like helping others?
- Do you want to start your own business and be an entrepreneur?
- Are you willing to learn new things, get out of your comfort zone and do what it takes to be successful?
If you answered yes to all of those it sounds like you are ready to become a Beachbody Coach.
If you haven’t used a Beachbody program before then it probably would be a good idea for you to try one out before signing up as a coach unless you are just signing up for the coach discount. Even then you don’t know if you will like the programs or supplements enough to want to keep ordering.
One of the things that make coaches successful is belief. If you don’t believe in something you are recommending to others then you won’t be successful as a coach.
If you like the Beachbody products, would recommend them to your friends, like helping others, want to start your own business and are willing to learn everything you need to do so then I think you are ready to get started.
Why join our Coach Team?
- Each week you’ll learn from 1-2 of the top coaches on our team webinar.
- Join our coach basics group where you’ll learn the ins and outs of Beachbody coaching so you can be successful.
- You’ll have access to our Facebook coach group where you can ask questions and learn what others are doing.
This is your own business but there are others that are joining you along the way, sharing their tips. If it was a typical business your competition wouldn’t want to help you out. Here everyone is working together to end the trend of obesity.
How do you sign up to become a Beachbody Coach?
Here are the steps to follow to Become a Beachbody Coach. Read through all the instructions first.
- Click to begin the signup –> Become a Beachbody Coach (Under Coach Referral the green box should say your coach will be “Darren Letourneau”. If it doesn’t click on “Select a different coach” and enter Screen name as “lertno” then it should change to “Darren Letourneau”.
- Fill in your other information on the page.
- Select a challenge pack and your coach fee will be waived.
- Check order.
- Fill in billing information.
- Get welcome message and you are officially a coach.
If you have any other questions about becoming a Beachbody Coach don’t hesitate to contact me.