What is Les Mills Combat?
Les Mills Combat is a mixed martial arts inspired workout to help you transform into a ripped, shredded lean machine. It combines HIIT (high intensity interval training) with dynamic martial arts moves.
This program is bases on the BodyCombat workout that you see taught at gyms in over 80 countries. Now it’s available for home use.
Who is Combat for?
The Les Mills Combat program was designed for people that are inspired by mixed martial arts workouts. People of all fitness levels. It may take you longer to get used to some of the moves if you haven’t done any martial arts workouts before. There is a basics DVD that includes instruction on how to do the moves.
How long are the Combat workouts?
The combat workouts vary between 30 to 60 minutes. The base kit comes with 3x 30 minute workouts, 1 x 45 minute workout and 2 x 60 minute workouts.
Why is it so effective?
The reason that Les Mills Combat is so effective is because of it’s secret fast twitch integration training. It blends the most dynamic moves from karate, tae kwon do, boxing, muay thai/kickboxing, capoeira and jiu-jitsu into explosive, escalating patterns.
It works your fast twitch muscle fibres which are the ones with the greatest capacity for change. This is great for increasing yoru strength and maximizing lean muscle definition.
Les Mills Combat Video
Here is a video of Les Mills Combat in action to show you more of what the workout looks like.
Who are the trainers?
The trainers in the Les Mills Combat workouts are Dan Cohen and Rachael Newsham.
Dan has a blackbelt in kickboxing and LauGar Chinese boxing and won the 1996 British Masters kickboxing competition.
Rachael is a master trainer with muay thai training in Thailand and education from Wing Chun Kung Fu school.
Do I need equipment?
Dumbbells are used for the Power HIIT workout and are optional for the Shock Pulo HIIT 2 workout.
You can also get Les Mills training gloves for working out to amp up your intensity. The gloves are not weighted. The gloves are beneficial because the force to you contract and engage all the muscles in your biceps, triceps and forearms. They also improve your focus on where you hands and arms should be so you can punch harder and strike with more force which will help you get results faster.
What are the workouts like?
The workouts include:
- The Basics – Demonstration of the “guards” and “stances” you will use throughout the program.
- Combat 30 Kick Start – High intensity but low in complexity. This introduces you to the basic combination moves. 30 minute workout but it packs a punch.
- Combat 45 Power Kata – 45 minutes of speed and power with cross-training. “Katas” are martial arts training methods that develop technique and flow.
- Combat 60 Extreme Cardio Fighter – 60 minutes of high repetition sequences. It will challenge your endurance and have your muscles firing on all cylinders.
- Combat 60 Live: Ultimate Warrior’s Workout – 60 minutes of all the martial arts moves featured in the program. Upper body, legs, butt, core and cardio. You’ll work every muscle.
- Power HIIT 1 – 30 minutes of high intensity interval training. Bursts of maximum effort and recovery to push you into muscle-conditioning overload.
- Shock Plyo HIIT 2 – 30 minutes of high intensity interval training using propulsion exercises to improve endurance and athletic power. An ultimate body shot.
Les Mills Combat Schedule
Supreme Warrior Schedule
Ultimate Warrior Hybrid Schedule
What have people said about Combat?
“I’ve been training everyday since last April with Insanity and T25. I couldn’t imagine that I could feel my body sore again after a new workout. Great workout for arms, back, legs.”
“I love these workouts. They are more athletic than the Turbo workouts; less dancing, more punching. They make you sweat. They make you ache. They make you laugh. Dan, in particular, cracks me up. When he gets, what my daughter and I call the “wild-eyed and crazy” look, I get motivated.”
“This program is the most fun I have ever had with a Beachbody product(I have tried Turbojam, Turbofire, P90X, and Insanity.”
“Great music to keep you motivated.”
“If you need to feel like you’re actually MOVING and sweating to get in a workout – this is for you!!”
Les Mills Combat Results Before and After Photos
Here are some of the results from the test group for the program.
What is included in the Les Mills Combat Challenge Pack
The challenge pack includes:
- Stay with the fight fitness guide
- Eat right for the fight nutrition guide
- Tape measure and measurement tracker
- 30 days in the team beachbody club membership
- The basics + 6 workouts.
Bonus: Purchase through your coach and a FREE bonus workout LES MILLS COMBAT 30: LIVE. This is a high voltage combat class that was shot live in the UK! This is a high-intensity cardio workout for carving leaner arms, shoulders and upper back. It’s a great metabolic burn.
Les Mills Combat Challenge Pack Deal
You can get a Free Bonus workout with the 21 Day fix as well as our special bonus when you follow these steps below.
Sign up for your FREE beachbody account here: –> FREE ACCOUNT
It should say that your coach will be “Darren Letourneau”.
NOTE: If you already have a Beachbody account please contact me before ordering so you can get the bonuses.
Get Bonuses with a Challenge Pack
- Bonus Workout Combat 30 : LIVE workout
- Free access to our private online fitness group.
If you want ME to be your personal coach and get these extra bonuses, make sure to double check the green box when you go to order. It should say “Darren Letourneau is your referring coach”. Make sure to also friend me on Facebook so I can add you to our exclusive fitness group.
Order your challenge pack here –> Les Mills Combat Challenge Pack
Friend me on Facebook –> Darren Letourneau
You can also get the workout alone here –> Les Mills Combat Base Kit